The Visitor Information Centre provides information and gives advice on everything 'Lincoln': where to visit, what’s on, public transport enquiries and much more.
Start your visit to Lincoln at the 2020 Travellers' Choice Award-Winning Lincoln Visitor Information Centre. The knowledgeable team can advise on the best way to experience the city during your visit and there is a wide range of information available including leaflets on all local attractions.
The Visitor Information Centre has a wide range of local souvenirs, ideal for gifts including local produce. There are also gifts ideal for aviation enthusiasts, London souvenirs, guide books, postcards, jewellery and more. If you would like an item posting, please enquire as the team will be happy to help (postage and packaging fees apply): [email protected] or 01522 545458
You can also purchase tickets for some local events, including tickets for the Tour Lincoln open-top sightseeing bus (not currently operating), and staff can give help and advice with booking accommodation or you can find accommodation online from visitlincoln.com (in the city) or visitlincolnshire.com (in the county).
A large range of brochures and leaflets are also available at the centre. If you would like a map or visitor guide posting to you, please contact the team (postage and packaging fees apply): [email protected] or 01522 545458.
The Visitor Information Centre is located in Leigh-Pemberton House which dates back to the 16th century. It is one of the oldest buildings in Lincoln that is still in regular use and has a stunning beamed ceiling inside visible to all visitors.
Due to the Visitor Information Centre's historic location, accessibility is restricted. There are two steep steps into the building, with a handrail, and one inside. However, assistance is available at the door at the press of a button – the staff can offer a personalised service.
There is a hearing loop fitted inside and the friendly staff will be happy to help with any of your needs.
See full accessibility details on the Lincoln Visitor Information Centre Access Statement.
COVID-19 Compliant Information
Lincoln's Visitor Information Centre is "Good To Go" and HSE Staying Covid-19 Secure in 2020 certified. To ensure maximum safety while visiting the shop, the following social distancing measures are in place:
- Customer safe queuing system
- Protective screens on the front desk
- Reduced number of staff working with some staff able to work from home
- Pre-opening training for staff
- Shop redesigned to create space around the front desk. Maps and popular free literature located by the front door for easy access.
- Display of safety signage and socially distanced floor markers
- Customer shop capacity identified
- Additional cleaning, including 20 min closure middle of the day for cleaning high touch point areas
- New workstations to create a social distancing
- Stylus to be issued to each member of staff for touch screen tills.
- Hand sanitiser for customers on entry/exit
- Hand sanitiser and antibacterial cleaning equipment provided for staff use
“We’re Good To Go” is the official UK mark to signal that a tourism and hospitality business has worked hard to follow Government and industry COVID-19 guidelines and has a process in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
Please do remember to stay alert when you leave home: washing your hands regularly, maintaining social distancing guidelines and follow the UK Government guidance on staying safe outside your home.